All submissions for the 2018 VR & 360 Film Competition must be made digitally through Without-A-Box or Film Freeway. For your convenience, we have answered some FAQs and have the competition rules below.
Platforms: Submissions will be experienced via one of the following: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Gear VR or Google Cardboard. All submissions must be playable on one of those platforms.
Work in Progress: Entries do not need to be submitted in their finished form by the submission date, however the final form must be completed and submitted to NashFilm by April 1st, 2018. We cannot guarantee that the finished copy will be watched if a work in progress is submitted. We encourage you to only submit works in progress if submitting close to the final deadline.
Original Content: All entries submitted to the Nashville Film Festival (NashFilm) VR & 360 Film Competition must be original works by the applicant. By submitting to this competition, you are attesting that this work is yours and that you have the authority to submit this work to the Nashville Film Festival and agree to all of the rules of the competition and the festival as a whole.
Revisions: NashFilm considers all entries to be complete. You may send in revisions after an initial or work-in-progress has been submitted, but the revised copy will only be used going forward. Any scoring already complete will remain the same, based on the initial submission.
Language: All submissions will be assessed by English speakers. If submission is in a language other than English and speech is necessary for the experience, subtitles or other means of speech translation will be required.
Liability: We cannot accept responsibility for loss, damage or additional charges incurred en route, or due to normal wear and tear, or due to equipment failure. Do NOT send original prints or master copies. Additionally, NashFilm is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity or review of any experience.
Shipping: Any costs of shipping must be paid by the entrant. All international entries must be sent with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper.
NashFilm employees, including seasonal staff, board members, sponsors, and their immediate families, are not eligible to submit in any category to this competition.
NOTE: By submitting your VR experience, you are giving permission for the Nashville Film Festival to showcase your work at the festival and for promotional purposes.
If you have any questions, please contact us by emailing email@example.com and include in the subject line: “VR Inquiry”
By submitting my experience to the Nashville Film Festival, I:
1. Recognize that NashFilm, its representatives and files are replete with ideas and stories for theatrical motion pictures and television programs and that new ideas for music, VR & 360 film experiences, motion pictures and television programs are constantly being submitted to NashFilm. I also recognize that many stories and ideas are similar and often different stories and ideas related to one or more common underlying themes.
2. I agree to indemnify NashFilm and its representatives, including its judges and readers, against any and all claims, expenses, losses or liabilities that may be asserted against NashFilm and its representatives at any time in connection with said Material, or any use thereof, including without limitation those arising from any breach of the warranties and promises given by me herein.
3. I hereby release and discharge NashFilm and its representatives, including judges and screeners, from any and all claims and demands and will not assert, maintain, or assist any party in asserting or maintaining any claims or demands against NashFilm arising out of, or in connection with the Materials, including without limitation, any and all claims for libel, rights of publicity, theft, or misappropriation of ideas or trade secrets or infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights.
4. I warrant I am the sole owner and author of the Material submitted.
5. I agree that any part of the submitted Material which is not novel or original and not legally protected may be used by NashFilm without any liability on NashFilm.
6. NashFilm shall not be under any obligation to me with respect to the submitted material.
7. I have retained a copy of the Material and agree that NashFilm shall not be obligated to return the Material to me.