What is The Pitch?
In an effort to create more opportunities for filmmakers, screenwriters, and book authors to get a deal, we’ve created The Pitch — a chance to get your story in front of someone who can help turn it into an on-screen reality!
Round 1 – Enter The Pitch here and upload your 1-page written pitch
Round 2 – The top 50 will have an opportunity to pitch live in Pitching Round 2 on Thursday, 5/17/2018 (times TBD) at the festival. You will have 5 minutes to WOW them
Round 3 – 10 finalists will be selected from Pitching Round 2 to pitch live on Friday, 5/18/2018 (times TBD) to a panel of dealmakers. If they like your pitch and it fits what they are looking for, they will have access to your contact information to reach out to you with potential offers and advice
Scheduled Round 3 industry professionals include:
Penelope Bartlett (Criterion Collection), Andrew Borden (The Orchard), Alex Bowen (The Kennedy/Marshall Company), Christina Campagnola (APA), Mark Cartier (North of Two), Naia Cucukov (Walden Media), Andrew Hunt (Raven Banner), Brian Loschiavo (Riverside Entertainment), Morgan Pichinson (Mosaic), and Taylor Ritzell.
Here’s how it works:
The limited 200 slots are only available through March 31st, 2018, and each entry to The Pitch is valued at $199 (see below for details)
All entrants receive:
- Opportunity to pitch your screenplay, book, film, or idea (written pitch, here’s an example)
- Opportunity of advancement to pitch live
- Opportunity for 1 paragraph critique of your written pitch upon request before start of festival.
- Invitation to Industry Night Reception (Wed, 5/16 at festival)
- 10 ticket vouchers ($150 Value), good for any regularly priced film or Creator’s Conference session at this year’s fest
- Free admission to Pitch Workshop at festival (Wed, 5/16 at festival)
- NashFilm Swag Pack – must pick up at 2018 NashFilm Box Office during festival (May 10-19, 2018)
Enter by March 31, 2018