The Nashville Film Festival has fantastic opportunities to further your career, whether it be as a full-time employee, seasonal staffer, or an intern, learning the industry. Apply today, because positions fill up fast! Positions are listed below:
Interns help manage media activity on the red carpet.
The Nashville Film Festival (NashFilm), in its 50th year, is one of the longest-running film festivals in the country and one of the most respected festivals in the South. An Academy Award-Qualifying festival, NashFilm has a long-standing reputation for championing some of the best films and filmmakers of today and tomorrow.
Interns gain valuable experience in many areas of film festival programming and management. Positions are available in various departments across the team. All allow interns to lead meaningful projects and gain real world experience. Interns are required to commit to a minimum of 8-10 hours a week. Internships are unpaid and are valid for college credit. If you want to know what makes a film stand out in the crowd, interning at NashFilm is the best way to do it!
Position: Graphic Designer (freelance / project-based)
Position Summary: This position is project-based, work-for-hire freelance for Nashville area graphic designer. Project work will be periodic through Dec. 2018 with possibility for extension. Working with the Executive Director to create and/or update brand guidelines, Festival logos, marketing assets, email templates, advertising elements, sponsor decks and presentations.
Employment Dates: Freelance / project based – Oct. 8, 2018 – Dec. 28, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design various graphic elements in support of the Nashville Film Festival’s website, social media, special events, membership and sponsors. Assists with designing additional materials as requested.
- Provides graphic assets to outside vendors, partners, outlets, etc. on an as-needed basis.
- Organizes, files, and archives all artwork files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- 2-5 years of experience in graphic design.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Knowledgeable in printing production.
- Understanding of Brand Management.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills including digital asset management.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Graphic Design.
- Knowledge of design principles for effective marketing and advertising.
- Experience in event marketing.
- Photography management and retouching.
- Experience working in WordPress.